Shareholder democracy is being profoundly threatened by Section 844 of the proposed Financial CHOICE Act 2.0.
Protect Shareholders. Strike the Financial Choice Act 2.0.
This new legislation, which was heard by the Congressional Financial Services Committee on April 26 and advanced to the House of Representatives on May 4, would fundamentally impair investors’ rights to file shareholder resolutions. The new rule would permit only a tiny fraction of the globe’s wealthiest investors (those who own more than 1% of more of a company’s stock) to file shareholder proposals. For example, raising the ownership requirement to 1% would leave only 11 investors with enough shares ($3 billion) necessary to file shareholder proposals at Wells Fargo and none of these investors ever has.
All other shareholders would be blocked from using their shareholder rights to address equity, justice, sustainability, climate, risk, and good governance issues.
Stand with us and protect shareholder rights. Tell your representative to defeat the Financial Choice Act 2.0.
Step 1: Sign our petition and make your voice heard. Share your thoughts with us – leave a comment.
Step 2: Share the petition on social media. Use these posts to spread the word about the Choice Act:
- Don’t gut our rights as #shareholders. Strike the financial #WrongCHOICEAct & sign the petition! http://ow.ly/QoYf30ba7wi
- Shareholder democracy is at risk of being eliminated by the #WrongCHOICEAct. Stop this abuse of power. Sign the petition! http://ow.ly/QoYf30ba7wi
- Your rights & voice as a #shareowner & investor are under profound attack from @congressdotgov. Protect your voice. Sign the petition! http://ow.ly/QoYf30ba7wi
- Shareholder democracy is being profoundly threatened by the proposed Financial #WrongCHOICEAct. This new legislation would fundamentally impair investors’ rights to file shareholder resolutions. This bill would eviscerate the ability of shareholders to hold corporations accountable through the resolution process.
Protect your voice. Sign the petition! http://ow.ly/QoYf30ba7wi
- Shareholder democracy is under profound threat by the Financial #WrongCHOICEAct, which will block shareholders from using their shareholder rights to address equity, justice, sustainability, climate, and good governance issues.
Protect your rights. Make your voice heard. Sign the petition.
Social media graphic:
Step 3: A. Attend your local Town Hall meeting and express your opinions about the Financial Choice Act.
Join your local Indivisible group. Find out the details of your local meeting by entering your zipcode on the Indivisible homepage. Mobilize your community. Embolden your voice.
Show up and ask your congressperson why they want to let the big banks have the ability to cause another financial meltdown and take away your rights as a shareholder.
B. Make a call using the 5 Calls app to get in touch with the House Financial Services Committee!
Help protect shareholder rights. Strike the Financial Choice Act 2.0.