Proxy Preview, the report hailed by the Chicago Tribune as the “Bible for socially progressive foundations, religious groups, pension funds, and tax-exempt organizations”, is our annual publication covering the social and environmental shareholder resolutions filed each proxy season. Proxy Preview provides analysis and expert insight to help you navigate the issues and successfully vote your shares.
Proxy Preview 2017 is the 13th annual edition of the insider’s guide to social and environmental shareholder proposals.
This free publication is the #1 resource for shareholders looking to align their values and investments.
Proxy Preview provides the most comprehensive data on more than 300 resolutions—including corporate political spending, climate change, energy, human rights, diversity, sustainability, and much more.
More than 30 guest authors provide analysis and expert insight to help you navigate the issues and successfully vote your shares.
Proxy Preview 2017 offers:
- An overview of hundreds of environmental, social and sustainable governance resolutions filed for the upcoming proxy season
- In-depth analysis of the resolutions by co-author Heidi Welsh Executive Director of Sustainable Investments Institute (Si2)
- A user-friendly index of all companies with upcoming social and environmental proxy votes this season
- Background and resources on shareholder proposals and advocacy by dozens of proponents curated and edited by co-author Michael Passoff CEO of Proxy Impact (PI)
- Insights on key proposals and proxy voting from Michael Garland (Executive Director for Corporate Governance, New York City Office of the Comptroller), Tim Smith, (Director of ESG Shareowner Engagement, Walden Asset Management), As You Sow, Ceres, the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility, Center for Political Accountability, Trillium Asset Management, Calvert Investments, AFSCME, and more
- A re-cap of the 2016 proxy season
This report would not be possible without the generous support of our sponsors:
To download old copies of Proxy Preview, search our report archive.
Stay Tuned to #ProxyPreview on Twitter
As the proxy season develops, Proxy Preview will be offering updates on some of the biggest companies that have received social or environmental shareholder proposals in 2017. Stay tuned to #ProxyPreview on Twitter for advance reminders of company annual meeting dates. Read our blog for detailed wrap-ups of the proposals filed at the company.
If you own shares in a company, you have a voice. Shareholder advocacy leverages the power of stock ownership to promote social change. In the past 30 years, thousands of resolutions filed with companies by shareholder advocates have broken new ground in fostering more progressive corporate policies. And with over 400 resolutions filed this year, shareholder activism has never been more popular.
As the proxy season develops, Proxy Preview will be sending out updates on some of the biggest companies that have received social or environmental shareholder proposals this year. Stay tuned to #ProxyPreview on Twitter for advance reminders of company annual meeting dates. Read our blog for detailed wrap-ups of the proposals filed at the company. Download Proxy Preview and use our resources to learn how to vote your proxy and make sure your voice is heard.
hareholder activism isn’t just for pension funds and billionaires. If you own shares, it’s simple to vote your proxy via mail, internet, or phone. You can vote on the issues you care about. Proxy Season Updates will make sure you get the chance to have the companies you own hear your voice. Learn more at www.proxypreview.org.