Chevron – Hydraulic Fracturing – 2013 (status: 31.0%)
Our 2013 resolution requests a report, using qualitative indicators, on the results of company procedures and practices to minimize any adverse environmental and community impacts from the company's natural gas extraction operations.
The requested data would include:
- Percentage of wells reducing methane emissions using "green completions"
- Total reductions in water pollution and spills
- Sources and amount of water used for shale energy operations by region and reduction measures implemented
- Total amount of air emissions reduced annually
- Systems to track and manage naturally occurring radioactive materials
- Extent to which closed-loop systems for management of drilling residuals are used
- Number of community complaints or grievances filed and how many were resolved